Saturday, April 18, 2009

We continue to be recipients of such kindness and hospitality. You would not believe the beautiful flowers we are surrounded by and all the delicious food that has been brought in. One of my mom's dear friends, Joyce Nelson, even spoiled us with breakfast this morning! Your kind thoughts and prayers have not gone unnoticed. We have felt Heavenly Father's peace in our home and I'm sure it's because of all the prayers uttered on our behalf. Tracy, her husband, Daryl, Marty, his wife, Nancy, and I (Andrea) were able to attend the temple yesterday. It was a nice reminder that this mortal life is but a small moment in the eternal scheme of things. My mom's hospice nurse, Merry (like as in Merry Christmas... fitting for our family), came this morning and brought her some things to make her more comfortable. She had a rough night last night and we can tell she's getting sicker and weaker. We'd appreciate prayers on her behalf to bring her more comfort. 

6 comments:

  1. Sister Green-
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time and I would like to thank you for always being kind enough to let me "invade" your home.I will never forget our kitchen conversations at the counter watching television. I feel very blessed to have known you and be a part of your families lives. Love,
    Ryan and Kate Webb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, why were we always watching Fox 13 news? Did someone lose the remote??? -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to the temple today and I thought a lot about your mom. Your names are on the temple prayer roll and so many people have been praying for your family and for your mom to be comforted. Much love to you all! -Heather and Ryan Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Green Family, One of the most spiritual times of my life is when my own Mother passed away in the year 2000. I felt the presence of my Father there when she died, He had died in 1989. The feeling in her home was so amazing to me. I can still remember the peaceful spirit that I felt there even a few days after her passing. I felt as though there were angels from the other side there. Use this as a testimony growing time for you. The spirit is there with you in your home. I felt it today when I came by.
    I will miss your Mom walking past my house with Petey in tow yelling out my shop window and saying Hi to her and talking for a few minutes. I will miss Hair-cut times that should only take 30 minutes and it taking sometimes 2 hours just talking about life(Hers and Mine) How she loved her children and grandchildren.
    She was the first to want to give me a shower when I got married. What a gem she is. A great example of a rightous daughter of God. I am truly blessed having her in my life. All my Love to you, Joyce Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Deanna for telling me about this blog, what a nice thing to have. It was great to see and talk to you Deanna and Darren for a few minutes today. I just wanted to say how great it was living next door to the Greens. We had a lot of fun growing up together. Your mom was always so nice, I remember we would run down the long hallway and do flips on your couch over and over, and your mom never seemed to mind (your dad I don't think loved it too much:)!!!) My mom looked so forward to the monthly lunches with your parents, they have been so great all these years to her. Even though we don't see each other very often, I think we will always be "family"!! You know we love you guys and our prayers are with you all!! Much love, Koleen Howe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Family, I can't remember ever seeing your mother that she didn't have a smile on her face. I know that Heavenly Father is smiling now to have one of his beloved daughters returning to him soon. God bless your family at this time. I know how hard it is to lose ones mother. Your neighbor and friend, Donley & Gloria Despain

    ReplyDelete